Our goal is to be the leading biopharmaceutical company developing and marketing therapies that restore function and improve the lives of people with multiple sclerosis (MS), spinal cord injury (SCI) and other neurological conditions.
Acorda’s R&D efforts are designed to:
- Exploring the use of AMPYRA® (dalfampridine), which is currently approved in the United States to improve walking in people with multiple sclerosis (MS), to address other functional impairments caused by MS
- Conducting research to determine if AMPYRA is a therapeutic option for other neurological conditions, such as cerebral palsy and chronic stroke
- Clinical development of AC105 as a treatment in acute spinal cord injury
- Clinical development of GGF2 for the treatment of heart failure; Acorda is also studying GGF2 as a potential treatment in several neurological applications
- Advancing other clinical and preclinical stage products in our pipeline, which have potential therapeutic value in neurological conditions such as MS, spinal cord injury, stroke, and traumatic brain injury